Open Access E-Journals
- Directory of Open Access Journals : DOAJ is a community-curated online directory that indexes and provides access to high quality, open access, peer-reviewed journals. DOAJ is independent. All funding is via donations, 22% of which comes from sponsors and 78% from members and publisher members. All DOAJ services are free of charge including being indexed in DOAJ. All data is freely available.
- Elsevier Open Access Journals : All articles in open access journals which are published by Elsevier have undergone peer review and upon acceptance are immediately and permanently free for everyone to read and download.
- OMICSONLINE: This publisher hosts over 700+ leading-edge peer reviewed Open Access Journals and organizes over 3000 International Conferences all over the world. Obtained enormous global visibility and tremendous response from the authors and readers from all over the world inspired the publisher to maintain reputed Open Access Journals in various scientific disciplines.
- Oxford Open Access Journals : Open Access Journals by Oxford University Press (OUP) to facilitate the widest possible dissemination of high-quality research. OUP embrace both green and gold open access (OA) publishing.
- PLOS : PLOS publishes a suite of influential Open Access journals across all areas of science and medicine. Rigorously reported, peer reviewed and immediately available without restrictions, promoting the widest readership and impact possible. We encourage you to consider the scope of each journal before submission, as journals are editorially independent and specialized in their publication criteria and breadth of content.
- Pubmed Central : PubMed Central® (PMC) is a free full-text archive of biomedical and life sciences journal literature at the U.S. National Institutes of Health’s National Library of Medicine (NIH/NLM).
- Scientific Research Publishing : Scientific Research Publishing (SCIRP) is one of the Open Access journal publishers. It is currently publishing more than 200 open access, online, peer-reviewed journals covering a wide range of academic disciplines. SCIRP serves the worldwide academic communities and contributes to the progress and application of science with its publication.
- SpringerNature Open Access Journals: SpringerNature publish around 600 fully open access journals in all disciplines – from the life sciences to the humanities. Authors also have the option to publish their article under an open access licence in more than 1,900 of SpringerNature subscription-based journals.
- Wiley Open Access Journals : Wiley Open Access publishes authoritative peer reviewed open access journals across many research disciplines. Wiley Open Access journals are supported by a network of authoritative journals and societies as well as internationally renowned editorial board members. All research articles published in Wiley Open Access journals are immediately freely available to read, download and share. Wiley Open Access publishes a number of online journals across biological, chemical and health sciences.
Open Access E-Books
- BCCAMPUS Open Textbook Directory : Open Access Textbook provides by BCcampus Open Education Self-Publishing Guide.
- Directory of Open Access Books : The primary aim of DOAB is to increase discoverability of Open Access books. The directory is open to all publishers who publish academic, peer reviewed books in Open Access and should contain as many books as possible, provided that these publications are in Open Access and meet academic standards.
- IntechOpen. We pride ourselves on our belief that scientific progress is generated by collaboration, that the playing field for scientific research should be leveled globally, and that research conducted in a democratic environment, with the use of innovative technologies, should be made available to anyone.
We are on a journey to democratise knowledge. The Open Access paradigm is the only model which allows that. Content is accessible for free, on all electronic devices – no matter where its downloaded and read, from Burkina Faso, to Romania or in Silicon Valley. Providing freely available, accessible dynamic academic content.
- OAPEN: OAPEN promotes and supports the transition to open access for academic books by providing open infrastructure services to stakeholders in scholarly communication. We work with publishers to build a quality-controlled collection of open access books and provide services for publishers, libraries, and research funders in the areas of hosting, deposit, quality assurance, dissemination, and digital preservation.
- Open Texbook Library: Open textbooks are textbooks that have been funded, published, and licensed to be freely used, adapted, and distributed. These books have been reviewed by faculty from a variety of colleges and universities to assess their quality. These books can be downloaded for no cost, or printed at low cost. All textbooks are either used at multiple higher education institutions; or affiliated with an institution, scholarly society, or professional organization. The library currently includes 773 textbooks, with more being added all the time.
- Project Gutenberg: a library of over 60,000 free eBooks. Choose among free epub and Kindle eBooks, download them or read them online. You will find the world’s great literature here, with focus on older works for which U.S. copyright has expired. Thousands of volunteers digitized and diligently proofread the eBooks, for enjoyment and education.
Open Access Repositories
- OPENDOAR : OpenDOAR is the quality-assured, global Directory of Open Access Repositories. You can search and browse through thousands of registered repositories based on a range of features, such as location, software or type of material held.
- Open Research Online (ORO) : the Open Access repository of research outputs from The Open University’s research community. The service is publicly accessible and can be browsed and searched freely.