Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How to access electronic journal collection and online database?
Access to online journals and databases is available through WiFi or hotspot connection, cable connection in public terminals (workstations), or Direct Access. Access within UGM campus can be executed directly through the journal link address or online database or from the library website by clicking the “e-resources” button, or from the banner/flash appearing at the Library Homepage.
What is Direct Access?
Direct Access is a platform provided for remote or off campus access to online journals/e-books/databases subscribed by UGM through Single Sign On (SSO) with individual e-mail accounts of every academics of UGM. Through DirectAccess everyone affiliated with UGM can access online resources subscribed by the University from anywhere anytime.
What is the URL address of Direct Access?
The URL of Direct Access is http://ezproxy.ugm.ac.id
How many items of print books can I check out from the library?
You can borrow up to 10 copies of print books per loan.
How long can I borrow the collection?
Loan period is 10 days.
How many times can I renew loan?
Loan can be renewed once; but when the book on loan is reserved by others, no renewal is allowed.
Can I renew book loan online?
Yes, the system enable renewal online via OPAC.
How much do I have to pay for due loan?
Fine for due books is IDR 1,000/copy.
Where should I pay the fine?
At the loan/renewal counter.
What should I do to connect to the Internet/Wi-Fi in the library?
- Activate the Wi-Fi function in your device.
- Use the strongest access point visible.
- If connection failed, try another access point.
- If still no success, then restart your device.
- When restart does not work, please contact the IT Helpdesk at L6 Floor 2
Why is my device unable to connect to the Wi-Fi in the library?
There may be some technical problems, among others are:
- You have not activated Wi-Fi function in your device.
- The quota of maximum wi-fi users has probably been reached. If you can not connect to the wi-fi access due to this problem, you can again try to connect after some time.
- Several devices (e.g. notebook) need to restart its operation to connect to Wi-Fi access. This often solves most of the problems.